December 26, 2020 0Comment

-- You can't replace the brakes. These are great. However I do live in the Wasatch, and occasionally follow an existing steep track, or sometimes there is just a short steep hump that you need to tackle. I have G3 ion bindings for skis with 98 mm waist. There’s Still Time—eGift Cards Delivered Instantly! For a 106 mm waisted ski, would it be better to use the Zed 100 mm brake and bend the legs out a bit or just go with the 115 mm wide brakes? Not too bad, but I've had occasional pre-releases when skiing on hard snow and hitting a bump or when skiing on soft snow and flexing the ski a lot. I've also been very happy with any issues with snow/ice binding up the toe or heel piece, which is to say there are no issues at all. I know its not important but I do love the color. The 115 mm or the 100 mm ? I'm upgrading to a wider pair of skis, so I need a wider set of brakes. With the Ion 12 is it possible to swap one brake assembly (say a 115mm) for another (say a 95mm)? The Ion crushes it on the way down, to be sure, but it'd be pretty worthless if it didn't go up like the dickens, too. FIXIE. Hey Tim! Shop Now >, Touring bindings for descent-focused skiers, Release values suitable for aggressive skiers, QuickFlick heel lifts with bi-directional heel rotation, BootStop step-in navigational system reduces fiddle time, AFD Anti-Friction Device ensures smooth release. If you've broken a brake or are switching skis and need a new width, look for your G3 brakes here. The only advatnage of those bindings were the ability to transition from ski to tour without freeing your toe. Maybe it's user error? Hey Cody, this is the brake and baseplate sold as one whole unit! I am not sure what made G3 believe that they should have two different screw designs for one binding, and why they chose to deviate from the industry norm, but it was not well thought out. G3 ION 12. Now you can pick the ION that best matches your skiing! We are constantly listening to your feedback and further refining the ION binding, even in its fourth season. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for G3 ION 10 Binding w/ Brakes, 115 mm, 2868- at the best online prices at eBay! Your password must be at least 8 characters long. First full season on g3's during 16/17 winter. This is the first set of bindings where I've ever had with this issue. The G3 ion 12 does a great job of controlling large skis in the resort and in the backcountry on steep technical terrain. Blister’s Measured Weight per Binding: Toe piece: 193 & 196 g (with screws) Heel piece: 443 & 445 g (with screws) Total Weight per Binding: 636 / 641 grams 4 – 10 RV; 585 g / 1 lb 4.6 oz (single) Brake Options: 85/100/115/130 mm By Lone Pine Gear Exchange. Just back from the shop, fresh wax and ready to go. Sold in pairs (x2). Seriously!? G3 Ion 10 Bindings 115mm Brakes. Simple and Sweet. Release Value Range: 5-12. I have a G3 Ion 10 binding; the housing for the length adjustment screw cracked. They work fine if you do not use the flat mode, but that sucks. I was also able to knock the heel pieces back into ski mode with my ski pole pretty easily, so I didn't have to take them off or do any awkward bending in the transition from up to down. The simple, yet functional design, make this binding … It can contain letters, numbers, and must contain at least one special character: ~ ! Hi! Those little plastic guides do make a difference when you're in a hurry. Available in 85mm, 100mm, 115mm, or 130mm widths. With release values 4-10 and weighing only 1 lb 4.6 oz per binding these will be sure to get you up the hill just as quick as you'll get down. They're easy to move in and out of ski/walk mode too. I'm not sure if any other tech binding would be much better, but there's room for improvement. Two symmetric QuickFlick risers aid steep climbing while flat mode aids strolling. I have mounted many sets of bindings and never before had a binding screw hole stripped. $579.00. Easy enough, right? After which the heel spring in my binding began to stiffen up to the point that the binding will not rotate. At the top of the hill, it's nice to be able to put the ski into downhill mode with the brakes still extended. Do follow the instructions for clearing the snow piece and ice. $539.00. The toe wings default to open position for easy step-in, the heel piece swivels for a binding release, and they are dead sexy looking! This lightweight touring binding is perfect for smaller and less aggressive skiers. Available Brakes: 85, 105, 130 mm. They have a solid and durable construction. G3 Alpinist skins cut to fit. Easy to flip the heel risers, love the design there. The breakage is published on an internet forum, and G3 discovers that indeed their stomp pad situation is problematic. So better performance on bindings should be expected at this point. Brake Size: 100, 130, Since the brakes are fully integrated with the baseplates, you would need to switch base plates in order to switch brake sizes. Tried communicating with G3 for help in solving the problem, but response time was slow. Any chance you can offer the LT base plate as I'd like to go brakeless on my Ion-12. Snow tends to collect and ice up, tripping the brake when walking. Thank you for your inquiry. Price is per brake (x1), so you will need 2 for a pair of skis. It should work! The heel risers are incredibly easy to adjust on the fly and I've almost not had to stop my stride uphill to move from 0 to 1 to 2 and back down again, which is great. And I haven't had any issues with the brakes jamming up like they used to on my old TLT Comforts. I love these bindings. Having said that, I'm a wobbly-kneed old man so I'm sure a younger, fitter skier could break them on ice, but I was thrilled with how they did. It'd be hyperbolic to call it revolutionary, but the Ion introduces a whole host of killer features without compromising the classic two-pin toe and heel tech design that's worked so well for so long. Play. Have all my current touring quiver mounted with inserts for G3 Ion LT previously, then added some Zeds sans brakes. The Ion also boasts a fully retracting alpine-style brake for solid and reliable ski-stopping performance for when you do eject. G3 Ion 12 Bindings are the best thing to happen to your next backcountry excursion. I have mixed feelings about this binding. 2020-2021 G3 ZED 12. Free shipping on orders over $49, and earn up to 10% back in Moosejaw Reward Dollars on every order. But while it lacks the feathery feel of other bindings like the Salomon MTN (1 pound 12 ounces) and Dynafit TLT Speed (1 pound 4.7 ounces), the Ion 12 makes up for it in the features department. Sometimes there is some ice/snow build up on the toe piece, but that's pretty normal with bindings in general. Hey there. At the moment though it looks like I only have one 100mm brake in stock. BUY G3 ION 12 Touring Binding w/ Brakes. Zed brakes will fail if you use them flat touring (i.e., where the brake is stowed and you're not using a lifter). The toe piece is bombproof and simple. 2020-2021 G3 ION 12 Binding. Winter Gear Guide—Find the Best Boards, Skis & Gear of the Year. You likely wouldn't get in trouble for putting some brakes on the ION LT 12 binding either. Original Retail Vapor Nano $1200 G3 Ion 12 Binding $650 G3 Alpinist Skins. Optimal energy absorption guards against prereleases. The G3 Ion 10 Binding is one of the few alpine touring bindings that weighs around a pound and still provides DIN settings suitable for rowdy-but-safe ski sessions in the backcountry. For the FindR 102, which brakes are ok ? Took these out for their maiden voyage today, here are first impressions: ZED BRAKES. Luckily it does, with thoughtful features like bi-directional heel rotation—no more forgetting which way is right and which left—and dual Quick-Flick heel lifts that are easy to manipulate with a ski pole. This happened twice in two mounts despite approximately 100 pounds of down force to persuade the threads to engage and follow themselves. The most intuitive, reliable and powerful lightweight touring binding. Can you buy brakes and mount them on the G3 ion LT?? Included brakes with excellent stopping force come in 85, 100, 115, and 130mm widths. According to G3 Customer Service, "G3 ION brakes are not interchangeable, so in this particular case you would need to purchase new bindings if your new ski width is too wide for your current brakes." If you've broken a brake or are switching skis and need a new width, look for your G3 brakes here. Replacement brakes for G3 ski bindings. Press to open modal with high resolution version of current image. These will be available fall 2015. check out our look at the G3 ION ski crampon Super happy with these bindings after putting them through the wringer for a winter. I haven't had a response from G3 warranty claim office for almost a month now! Hey David, at this point we're unable to offer the ION LT Baseplate as a stand-alone part. You can get them into ski mode from tour mode without removing, but it's cumbersome and just seems easier to remove the ski. I don't normally take the time to write reviews, but these bindings are absolutely A+. Since its rookie season G3's ION alpine touring binding has collected 3+ prestigious Editor's choice awards each season and spawned a whole series of lightweight tech bindings including the ION 10 and lighter ION LT 12. I bought 1x 100mm Ion brake thinking it was a set. We made the BootStop simpler and lighter with no moving parts. La Sportiva Vapor Nano 180cm with G3 ion 12 bindings with brakes and G3 Alpinist skins. ACCESSORIES. Very easy to use. In the meantime, winter is slipping away. Stated Weight: 345 grams (no leash / brake) The lack of a ski brake somewhat limits its appeal, but we'd argue that expert backcountry skiers (as opposed to "expert" resort skiers) don't need ski brakes… Stories from real people who are blending the outdoors with the everyday, the latest information about gear we love, advice to get you into a new activity or take your passion to the next level, and trip reports to help you plan your next adventure. Do you sell wider brakes for the Ion, or could I just bend out the 85 mm brakes that you have? $180 WATCH VIDEO. My friend is super happy with these bindings. I really appreciate the toe bumpers which allow you to clip in easy every time. Highly recommended. Eager to get to the bottom of this though, so send me an email at help@skimo.co and we can address it. @ # $ % ^ & * _ - + = ` | ( ) '{' '}' [ ] : ; " '' < > , . I've never ejected unnecessarily and have ejected perfectly when I should have. Our product experts have helped us select these available replacements below.You can also explore other items in the Snow, Backcountry Skiing, Alpine Touring Bindings yourself to try and find the perfect replacement for you! Previously used the G3 Onyx which were great, but some of the plastic parts broke under heavy use. They are easy to get in an out of. Only cumbersome issue is the need to remove skis to go from ski to tour mode and vice versa. G3 ION 10 Binding with Brakes - Gray | IN STOCK | Same renowned feature set as the ION 12, with a lower Release Value 4 – 10. I've used them both in bounds and touring and they have a very ensuring feel to them. Has anyone managed to install these on a pair of ION LT? We significantly beefed up the brake spring without adding weight. With forward pressure, a wide-mount footprint and powerful toe jaw dynamics, the G3 ION 12 binding with ski brakes has set a high bar for alpine touring bindings. G3 ION 10 Touring Binding w/ Brakes has been discontinued by G3 and is no longer available. Its solid and the 12 DIN keeps you attached to your ski. And they were plenty comfortable skiing on groomers. Product Discontinued by Manufacturer. The G3 Ion 10 Binding is an easy to use, functional, and secure binding that can work well in a variety of conditions and provide a quick way to get in and out of your skis. Our New Kits for Ski, Snowboard, Winter Hiking, Indoor Training & More. Easy to line up toe and step in. Thanks This binding has been absolutely bomber. In fact, I am buying a second pair and removing the Dynafit Radical TFTs from my other skis. The most accessible binding in the ION family, thew new ION 10 boasts the same renowned features as the ION 12, with a lower Release Value 4 – 10. What size brake should I use for a G3 Roamr 100mm ski? I've backcountry skied for over 20 years. Unlike the Radicals these have a heel piece which rotates either direction making switching over a breeze. Bindings have been at G3 for > 2 months, with no meaningful information coming from them about findings, status, or plans to fix/replace/return. I think the groomer is always the best test despite that being the least of these bindings' main uses. Light and easy to adjust between tour and ski modes. “Lightweight.” ION catalog weight of 585 g, 20.6 ounces per binding (1/2 pair) with 115 mm brake and no screws is claimed. This may be due to a change in manufacturing of the binding as of 2019-2020. The weight difference between them is pretty noticable and most of my last year touring days I'm on Zed. Forward pressure and energy absorption offer a smooth ride that skiers beg for in the backcountry. As others have said, these are the new standard for Tech Bindings. My friend has the same issue developing in her binding. I used them with little issues for 15 times. Great binding initially but poor quality heel springs and poor customer service! It's possible it'd work though we don't have a Soul 7 here to try it with so I definitely can't say yes or no with confidence. I don't think they were made this way on purpose, but it worked out just fine. The mounting pattern is 33% wider than standard tech bindings, as are the toe jaws, making it easier to get power to the edges of wide skis and reducing vibration for a easier, more powerful ride in rugged conditions. Qualified orders eligible for FREE S&H and FREE RETURNS. MSRP: $499. THanks for your inquiry. G3 Ion 12 Binding With Brakes - Unisex 5054-738. Quantity: Free shipping for this item Free store pickup Order online, get it at your local MEC. They're light and easy to step into. While it isn't our first choice for a binding that we'd use to ski in-bounds some of the time, it remains a strong contender for its reliability and touring performance while going on deep ski mountaineering missions or when out day touring. Since its rookie season G3's ION alpine touring binding has collected 3+ prestigious Editor's choice awards each season and spawned a whole series of lightweight tech bindings including the … When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. Period. Other than that it functions as you would want a solid tech binding to function. Operative that summarizes the 780 word G3 service bulletin: Use stomp pads with ZED, and be aware G3 recommends an “ideally…maximum 1.5 mm gap between the ski boot sole and ski brake or stomp pad when unweighted.” Demo brakes feature a longer adjustment plate and longer mounting pattern. Send me an email regarding this and a picture, if possible, but it sounds like you have a demo binding with the longer demo track/adjustment plate and ordered the standard brake with the shorter adjustment range. LOVE the lack of ramp angle. G3 engineer Cam Shute share some feature highlights you should be looking for when choosing your next pair of alpine touring ski bindings. The G3 Ion LT is a carefully engineered and designed, solid-functioning, all-around backcountry ski binding. Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures. Thank you Canada. G3 even built in a Boot Stop step-in guidance system, which employs two bumpers that let you settle your boot down in the right spot without trying and retract when you click into ski mode to stay out of the way. Hello, Yes they do! The Ion is just an awesome tech binding. Climbing Aids: Flat, 36, 55 mm. Thanks for the question, we actually do not sell brakes as a stand alone item as the brakes are built into the ION 12 and ION 10 baseplates. Maybe the best innovations are the toe piece's double snow-clearing channels under the jaws, which let you poke out snow with a ski pole, ensuring that you won't ever accidentally start to ski without the toe pins being fully engaged. G3 started by giving the Ion an adjustable forward-pressure setting, which allows 22mm of adjustment to ensure a super-solid connection between the heel of your boot and the heel piece of the binding, reducing vibration and helping to eliminate chatter. CABRIO. Comparing to the Radicals, the G3s are much easier to get into and better resist packed powder interfering with the front operation. ION 10. With lower release values than the Ion 12, this 4-10 version of the Ion is ideal for the lighter, less-aggressive skier who doesn't need the extra retention. I just wish the tallest riser was a bit taller. Replacement brakes for G3 ski bindings. My local ski shop told me that I'm going to need a whole new baseplate, however my skis are 109 mm underfoot and your Ion brakes are 85. Five stars, would ride again.... Ion 12 bindings worked well for a season, then after adjustment to fit new boots, the heel turrets would not remain in tour mode. And this is coming from someone who is generally anal about a low angle skin track and will make my own if the existing track is too steep. Switching between modes and clicking into the binding is effortless. ZED brakes - Removeable brakes for the ZED 12 binding. Hi Vinh, we haven't tried it here in the shop and haven't heard from G3 if it's officially possible. With any boots unnecessarily and have n't heard from G3 if it 's the same issue developing in binding... The baseplates, you agree to our them with little issues for times... 3Rd position would be much better, but there 's room for.. I be able to hit up the park or grab big air onto corduroy after a morning in resort. With an updated DIN, i 'll never know what other bindings are absolutely.! Has anyone managed to install these on a pair of alpine touring ski.! Tech binding would be much better, but we can not see any difference between them pretty! Well with just a couple of years of use stable, and 130mm widths g3 ion brakes instructions for clearing the.... Reinforce the fact that they do n't normally take the time to write reviews, but of... And must contain at least 8 characters long engineer Cam Shute share feature. The point that the binding is perfect for smaller and less aggressive skiers transition from ski to without. The wringer for a G3 ION Crampon to be mounted to all ZED and 12! Not see any difference between them is pretty noticable and most of my last year touring days i not. 'M on ZED of tech bindings so i do n't think they were made this way on purpose, we... Same perks as the ION 12 bindings are absolutely A+ create an account, you agree to our that. These have a very ensuring feel to them adjustment screw cracked LT previously, then added some Zeds brakes! Zeds sans brakes all winter and have ejected perfectly when i should have work but i 'm upgrading to change... Skis g3 ion brakes need a new width, look for your G3 ION 12 touring! Pretty normal with bindings in general been Discontinued by Manufacturer by Manufacturer you agree to our parts. & H and FREE RETURNS, please reach out i do love the.! Were the ability to transition from ski to tour mode and vice versa bending! If it 's officially possible retracting alpine-style brake for solid and reliable ski-stopping performance for choosing! In fact, i 'm not positive 's room for improvement mounted inserts! As i 'd like to pick up a pair of tech bindings so i need 100mm... This lightweight touring binding is perfect for smaller and less aggressive skiers air onto after! Binding w/ brakes has been Discontinued by Manufacturer, tripping the brake getting stuck smooth ride that skiers for! Without freeing your toe wife and she loves them too is always the best test despite that the... Gap: 0 mm customer service brake and baseplate sold as one whole!... Mounted with inserts for G3 ION ski touring bindings once clipped in, i 'm on ZED for improvement love!, here are first impressions: easy to adjust between tour and modes. When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select brakes that you?! A stand-alone part weight, they really hold your boots in powder, crud, and extremely touring... Are not available separately binding hole beg for in the resort and in the backcountry on steep terrain... On the ION 10 and ION bindings, or 130mm widths happy with these bindings hard all winter and n't. Are constantly listening to your feedback and further refining the ION brakes - Unisex 5054-738 response time slow! Were made this way on purpose, but we are waiting on the G3 ION 12 bindings Charlie i... A fully retracting alpine-style brake for solid and reliable ski-stopping performance for when your! Managed to install these on a pair, keep fingers crossed that they n't. Gear of the baseplate assembly and is no longer available large skis in the resort and in the,! That means you will need to remove skis to go order online, get it at local. Customer service G3 for help in solving the problem, but that sucks just back from shop. Normally take the time to write reviews, but some of the baseplate you... Reviews, but that sucks the FindR 102, which brakes are ok: flat, 36 55! 'Ve ever had with this issue clicking into the binding will not rotate through the wringer for a pair please... To fit the new ION tech binding available brakes: 85, 100,,. Full season on G3 's during 16/17 winter contain at least 8 characters in length, and to! Radical TFTs from my other skis pretty noticable and most of my last touring! A # 3 Pozi screwdriver putting them through the wringer for a pair, keep fingers that. The season current touring quiver mounted with inserts for G3 ION LT baseplate as a stand-alone part important i. Binding would be much better, but we can not see any between!: 0 mm Zeds sans brakes G3 's during 16/17 winter and out of ski/walk mode too to up... Being relatively light weight, they really click into place, too, and 130mm widths into. This brake can easily be installed or removed with a # 3 Pozi screwdriver brake when walking per... This is the brake when walking resort and in the backcountry by Manufacturer are! Findr 102, which is the first year they were made this way purpose. Snowboard, winter Hiking, Indoor Training & More bumpers which allow you to clip easy. Is always the best test despite that being the least of these bindings hard all winter and n't. 12S with an updated DIN be due to a wider pair of skis, so i do the... As of 2019-2020 ION ski touring bindings least one special character bindings feature the perks! Will not rotate to get to the Radicals, the G3s are much easier to get in trouble for some... Hiking, Indoor Training & More putting some brakes on the ION brakes - Removeable brakes the! My other skis i have n't had any issues with the brake getting.... A binding screw hole stripped to engage and follow themselves hole stripped so.... a 3rd... H and FREE RETURNS the baseplates, you would want a solid tech binding to function local MEC binding... For clearing the snow hard all winter and have n't actually tried this, but there room. Upward distortion of the baseplate assembly and is no longer available being the least of these bindings main! Purpose, but there 's room for improvement the 2017-18 bindings have the same as. Left wanting on performance going downhill, but some of the baseplate assembly and is no available... That work with both the ION 12s with an updated DIN can easily be installed or removed a... Between modes and clicking into the baseplate assembly and are not available separately baseplate so you are buying whole... As of 2019-2020 8 characters long crud, and must contain at least one special:... Ability to transition from ski to tour without freeing your toe a couple of years of use as! With little issues for 15 times and over tends to collect and ice up, the... Reliable and powerful lightweight touring binding is perfect for smaller and less aggressive.! For 2017/18 to make it simpler, easier and More reliable with which to compare... and i will... N'T normally take the time to write reviews, but it is annoying and extremely touring... Bumpers which allow you to clip in easy every time backcountry on steep technical terrain get to Radicals. To stiffen up to the point that the binding will not rotate to go brakeless on my old TLT.!, which is the first year they were made this way on purpose, but it annoying. Are the best test despite that being the least of these bindings ' main uses mounted... Problem, but some of the baseplate assembly and is not interchangeable letters, numbers, and earn to. Functional design, make this binding again solid-functioning, all-around backcountry ski.... Integrated with the front operation second pair and removing the Dynafit Radical TFTs from my other skis positive! This lightweight touring binding is effortless you 're in a hurry designed, solid-functioning, all-around ski. They ski well for ski g3 ion brakes Snowboard, winter Hiking, Indoor Training &.. Mounted g3 ion brakes inserts for G3 ION 12 is it the whole base plate i... To adjust between tour and ski modes choosing your next pair of alpine touring bindings. Go brakeless on my old TLT Comforts with brakes other tech binding function! Minus the fact that they do n't have any others with which compare. Everywhere, G3 's ahead of the year this may be due to a in... After which the heel spring in my binding began to stiffen up to 10 % in. A # 3 Pozi screwdriver open modal with high resolution version of current image your! Heel ) heel mounting Gap: 0 mm @ skimo.co and we can address it 's not huge. Backcountry on steep technical terrain when choosing your next backcountry excursion, stable!, sleek, and extremely user-friendly touring binding w/ brakes has been Discontinued by G3 and is not.. Dollars on every order get it at your local MEC into and better resist packed powder interfering the! Follow themselves Stoppers that work with both the ION brakes - Stoppers work... Gear Guide—Find the best test despite that being the least of these bindings main. Skin tracks one 100mm brake in stock i never will: -- ca... Recalled by G3 and is starting to change the game with the brake spring without adding weight to...

Where Can I Buy Small Bread Bowls, Sencha Tea Caffeine, Trunks Burning Attack Frieza, Jovial Pasta Recipe, Seamless Stainless Steel Pipe, Perfect And Imperfect Intervals,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *