December 26, 2020 0Comment

Purple sweet potatoes just blow regular sweet potatoes out of the water and if you give this roasted smashed purple sweet potato recipe a try, I think you’ll easily see why. Sweet potatoes that have brown, red-orange, or white skin with orange or white flesh are native to Colombia and southern Central America. Great flavors. A quick easy mooncake recipe. Gonna try this recipe this weekend. I'm sold! Spread the purple sweet potatoes in a single layer on a baking tray covered with baking paper. All rights reserved. Wrap Stokes Purple® sweet potatoes in aluminum foil and place on a small baking sheet. Their flesh is comparably purple. This looks so delicious and so colorful! For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe. Prohibit unauthorized theft and re-upload of this video. Toss on a rimmed baking sheet with … Serve with a dollop of lightly sweetened whipped cream. Other Purple Sweet Potato Recipes… Aside from baking purple sweet potatoes you can also roast them or take this baked purple sweet potato recipe one step further and mash your potatoes to make mashed purple sweet potatoes. 1.5 litre), Panda leaves for fragrant, cob of corn dettach from cob, Tapioka pearls (cooked), Sweet potato (yellow) diced, Castor sugar enough for sweetness. Spoon the ghee and herb mixture over each smashed potato slice. We often enjoy them alongside seafood like sheet pan turmeric salmon or tart cherry glazed salmon. Crust ¾ cup whole … Chop up the purple sweet potatoes and the red onion into bite size pieces. Transfer to the oven. Serve hot as a mash or cold by sprinkling bits of it onto salads. Choose a recipe and get to work! This list will give you an idea of what you can do with purple sweet potatoes. Find 41 purple sweet potato recipes, sweet and savory. If you can’t find the Stokes purple sweet potato variety (they do have a season so finding them all year round isn’t always easy), Japanese sweet potatoes can be substituted. No baking required. Since they are so starchy, mash in some grassfed butter, vegan butter, or coconut milk. Paleo, Whole 30 + Vegan approved. It was born as a fusion between my Purple Sweet Potato Ice Cream and the Chocolate Sweet Potato Milkshake I posted about the other day, and is cheery … chorizo sausage, sweet potato, shiitake mushrooms, pepper, orzo and 6 more. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely while still wrapped in foil, about 2 hours. These potatoes are also sometimes called “Ube” but that’s not technically a correct label. Their flavor is rich and creamy and when cooked properly, they become candy-like. In a small bowl, combine fresh thyme, olive oil, Himalayan salt, and a generous amount of black pepper. Wow - this post is amazing! This purple sweet potato recipe uses Stokes sweet potatoes that are smashed, drizzled with melted butter and herbs then roasted until super crispy. Look for white skinned or dark skinner purple sweet potatoes at Chinese, Filipino, and Japanese grocery stores. Loving traditional sweet potatoes in everything from sweet potato cookies and sweet potato steel cut oats to sweet potato mac and cheese and harissa sweet potato hash, I definitely shocked myself at how easily I’ve since brushed them aside when it comes to my favorite dinner side dish. This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy, Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Honey and Cinnamon, Buffalo Chicken Twice-Cooked Sweet Potatoes, Bobby's Weeknight Roasted Salmon with Potatoes, Mustard and Herb Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Spanish Tortilla with Sweet Potatoes Recipe. Shanna’s ube mochi waffles are a delicious recipe to try! Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper once out of the oven and serve hot. Stokes potatoes (what’s featured in this recipe and pictures) have a bright purple flesh and purple tinted skin. Sometime over the last year I was introduced to purple sweet potatoes. Purple sweet potato recipe that is easy to make, rich in flavor and deliciousness, and healthy. I’m pretty sure it was from one of the bajillion health related podcasts I listen to but all I remember was hearing about the added health benefits found in purple sweet potatoes and I was sold. Japanese sweet potato flesh will still have the same bright purple color, the skin will just be whiter rather than purple. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. This Purple Sweet Potato Cake has a vibrant purple cake that tender and moist and is complimented by a whipped tofu filling! Toss the vegetables with oil and arrange on baking sheet. They’re packed with antioxidants and one of the reasons that initially drew me to purple sweet potatoes. Season with lemon juice, salt, and … If you’re baking it whole, it’s recommended to cook purple sweet potatoes a little bit longer to really soften the flesh. A very healthy and filling dish. First, trim the ends off the potatoes then cut into 3/4″ – 1″ slices. A Variation Of Traditional Baked Mooncakes: Purple Sweet Potato As always, your pics are stunning, and the recipe is genius - simple, delicious, healthy - exactly my kinda recipe. Monique’s Purple Sweet Potato Pie recipe has two parts, the crust, and the filling. All those anthocyanins + super-sweet flavor? Purple sweet potato hummus combines purple sweet potatoes, chickpeas, toasted sesame seeds (or tahini), lemon juice, and spices. See more ideas about purple sweet potatoes, sweet potato recipes, sweet potato. You might have to ask the store clerk. 38,001 suggested recipes. florets, purple sweet potatoes, coconut yogurt, maple syrup, milk and 1 more. My family is going to love this! Regular/orange sweet potato and purple sweet potato have a higher moisture content than Okinawan purple sweet potato, which tends to be drier and starchier. Purple Sweet Potato Recipes. So anytime you see red cabbage, purple potatoes, plums, cherries, etc. Broil for 10-12 minutes until edges and tops of the potatoes are crispy. With just four basic ingredients to this recipe, it’s incredibly simple. There are so many delicious purple sweet potato Add more honey or other sweetness to taste. How to Store Purple Sweet Potatoes For all intents and purposes, I used only Okinawan purple sweet potato for this recipe with no powders or extracts. Mashed purple sweet potato topped with peanuts, peanut butter, and coconut cream is a colorful, quick and easy side dish to any meal. Slice your purple sweet potato into thin slices on the top, leaving about a quarter inch on the bottom to hold the potato together. Continue to bake for another 10-15 minutes or until desired crispiness. Purple Sweet Potato Gumby Foodista. Okinawans eat steamed purple sweet potatoes to help live a longer and healthier life. Remove to a paper towel and drain. Roast at 425˚ F, stirring once, until tender and lightly browned, 30 minutes. D.Erika. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. First things first, purple sweet potatoes are just like any other potato in that they’re a tuber/root vegetable. 1 Bake the sweet potatoes: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the potato slices onto a large baking sheet. Gently lower the slices into a pot of salted boiling water for about 15 minutes until they’re tender but not mushy/falling apart. Mix the melted ghee, chopped rosemary and garlic in a small bowl and spoon the mixture over top each smashed potato slice. Nov 4, 2017 - Explore Jennifer Ray's board "Purple Sweet Potato Recipes!! In addition to the antioxidants, purple sweet potatoes are high in vitamin C, fiber and potassium and are also lower on the glycemic index than regular potatoes. you can thank anthocyanins for that! Bake the sweet potatoes for 15 minutes and then toss. A potato that is purple on the outside does not necessarily mean it’s also purple on the inside. I love, love, love purple sweet potatoes and I'm so lucky they're pretty easy to find where I live. Today, they are widely grown in Hawaii and exported to the United States mainland where they are popular with Asian and Latino communities. My latest obsession is baking bread. Such a simple yet beautiful side dish. Instead of fries, try them next time you make burgers! So far I’ve jazzed up my favourite recipe for soft and fluffy honey buns with green onion and pork floss, kabocha and sweet potato. If you want your hummus to be thinner, you can add more milk. Subtly sweet with a lovely golden exterior - the perfect snack! Most recipes for oven baked purple sweet potatoes are one of the following: Slicing, dousing in oil, and placing in a baking sheet or dish Individually wrapping each potato tightly in foil Putting them in the oven unwrapped, without foil You might have to ask the store clerk. Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes with Cinnamon Cashew Cream. Thanks for sharing! Anthocyanins are responsible for giving fruits and vegetables their natural red, purple and blue colors. Purple sweet potato steamed dumplings (紫薯包子) #chinesecooking 2 h 8 dumplings flour, sugar, yeast, Water to activate yeast, baking powder, butter or coconut oil, large purple sweet potato (about 150g) Stream your favorite Discovery shows all in one spot starting on January 4. Gently press down on each slice using the back of a fork until slightly smashed. If you’ve mastered baked purple sweet potato fries and are ready to step it up, consider this recipe Level Two. Love your blog ... love this post! They’re great with pretzel crusted pork chops and either piri piri chicken or sticky Thai chicken too. These will look beautiful on any table. Drain the sweet potato slices on some paper towels to remove any excess water. A delicious baked purple sweet potato that can be topped with a million different things! I have also been told that some Trader Joe’s and Whole Food stores carry these purple sweet potato… Serve hot. Purple sweet potatoes are common in Asian cuisine as well — give these Chinese purple sweet potato cakes a try. Next, place the potato slices on a baking sheet and using the back of a fork, firmly press down on each slice to smash the potatoes and flatten into discs. Wrap the purple sweet potatoes in foil, prick them with a fork and bake them together with the pie crust or up to 2 days in advance until tender. パープルスイートロードはアントシアニンが豊富な甘ーいサツマイモ。そんなパープルスイートロードの基本の食べ方をおすすめのレシピとともにご紹介します。 営業時間 朝8時頃~夕方(日没)頃 となんともアバウト! Purple sweet potatoes are well suited for incorporating into baked goods because of that trademark sweetness. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease three 8-inch cake pans with baking spray, set aside. This is such a perfect side! I can't wait to make this! Pretty Purple Sweet Potato Parfait (a cauliflower + sweet potato smoothie) Green Smoothie Gourmet. Posted on Published: October 15, 2020 Categories Side Dishes, Videos, Home » Recipes » Side Dishes » Roasted Purple Sweet Potatoes. This is a specific variety that was originally cultivated in North Carolina by a farmer who was gifted some purple potatoes and apparently liked them so much that he decided to grow his own. Those lovely colors provide much more than just a pretty appearance too. Place the baking sheet in a preheated oven and broil for about 10 minutes until the edges and tops are crispy and browned. On my next trip to the grocery store I grabbed a few of what was labeled “Stokes” purple sweet potatoes and I haven’t looked back since. The gorgeous deep purple color is the result of anthocyanins. 休み 正月元旦~4日 The perfect potato side dish with a stunning appearance! Ube are actually a yam not a tuber originating from the Philippines and very rarely found in the United States. Copyright © 2020 Running to the Kitchen®, AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE I EARN FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES, melted ghee (or butter – use a good quality unsalted grass-fed variety), Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. ", followed by 164 people on Pinterest. And fans of sweet potato pie need to try this purple twist on the classic recipe. They can be cooked and prepared the same way as in this recipe. Monique used a simplified version of her pie crust recipe which we made earlier this year for the Pear and … Get Roasted Purple Sweet Potatoes Recipe from Food Network Cut 2 large purple sweet potatoes into thin wedges. Such a beaitiful color! Purple sweet potato is a popular ingredient in lau lau, a savory Hawaiian dish made of pork, butterfish, and vegetables (including cubes of purple sweet potato) wrapped in lu’au leaves and ti leaves. Gently lower potato slices into boiling water and boil, covered for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are tender but not mushy. Season each smashed potato with salt and pepper. Make sure the potatoes aren't overcrowded, otherwise they will stick together and won't crisp … © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. As an Amazon Associate affiliate member, I earn from qualifying purchases. Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until very soft when pierced with a fork. I learned so much - I am 100% on the hunt for purple sweet potatoes now! You can enjoy this delicious vibrant spread with buckwheat … Want to shake things up? Traditional Okinawan Sweet Potato Recipe - Purple Sweet Potato Paste Filling for Mooncake How to Use Purple Sweet Potatoes in Your Favorite Recipes Tag: purple sweet potato hakka hee pan Purple sweet potatoes are root vegetables Tag: how to make purple sweet potato paste for mooncake How to Make Purple Sweet Potato Filling for Mooncake i've been kind of obsessed with purple sweet potato… Purple sweet potato diced, large taro diced into big chunks and steam for 10 minute, Fresh coconut milk of 1 coconut (milk it to app. This purple sweet potato recipe uses Stokes sweet potatoes that are smashed, drizzled with melted butter and herbs then roasted until super crispy. Top with chopped parsley. Stir the melted ghee, rosemary and garlic together in a small bowl. Cut 2 large purple sweet potatoes into thin wedges. Purple Sweet Potato Health Benefits Just in case you wanted more reasons to eat the scrumptious sweet potato, here is a list of some of the health benefits: Regulating Blood Pressure: According to the American Heart Association, the sweet potato is … I’ve written about this specific type of flavanoid a bunch before in reference to tart cherries (you can read about some of their amazing health related contributions in these tart cherry oat bars). Besides their stunning purple color, taste is what really sets these potatoes apart from the rest. That said, they can be boiled, mashed or steamed just like regular potatoes as well. Boiling like we do in this smashed purple sweet potato recipe before broiling results in the best of both worlds: a center that’s soft and moist with crispy caramelized edges. Welcome back again with purple sweet potato dessert soup recipe. This purple version of classic sweet potato pie has a shot of brandy, which adds another layer of seasonal flavor. This purple sweet potato recipe uses Stokes sweet potatoes that are smashed and roasted with melted butter and herbs until super crispy! The ghee brings an added savory decadence to each bite and these are truly a stunning side dish in both flavor and appearance. Try these at Thanksgiving this year instead of mashed potatoes! Also known as the Japanese sweet potato, Okinawan sweet potatoes have a skin that’s more white/cream colored compared to the Stokes variety. In this video I show you how to make fluffy purple sweet potato buns. Please leave a comment & rating below or share a photo on Instagram and tag @runningtothekitchen. The perfect potato side dish with a … Soft and fluffy buns filled with a lovely bright purple Japanese sweet potato filling. Toss on a rimmed baking sheet with 1/2 lemon (quartered and sliced), 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon harissa and 1 teaspoon ground cumin; season with salt and pepper. Trim ends of sweet potatoes then cut into 3/4" - 1" thick slices. Hi everyone! Purple Sweet Potato Milkshake might sound pretty strange, but it’s one of my favourite drinks. In a blender, blend the steamed purple sweet potatoes, milk, tahini and, garlic until smooth. Honestly, these potatoes make an amazingly delicious side dish to almost any main course. Purple Sweet Potato Mooncakes uses purple sweet potatoes for its natural colour and earthy flavour. After Columbus' discoveries, they were brought to Asia, and varieties with white skin and speckled pale purple flesh were developed on the Japanese island of Okinawa. A bit confusingly, purple sweet potatoes can go by a few different names. The patented name “Stokes” came out in 2006 and has been sold commercially since. I bake mine at about 180 Celsius (356 F) for 45 to … You can bake and cook with purple sweet potatoes just like you would other potatoes. Of anthocyanins it onto salads, these purple sweet potato recipe are just like regular as. Almost any main course stunning appearance sound pretty strange, but it ’ s not technically a label! Rosemary and garlic together in a small bowl very soft when pierced with a fork until slightly smashed have same..., milk and 1 more red onion into bite size pieces, your pics are stunning, and generous... Pork chops and either piri piri chicken or sticky Thai chicken too for purple sweet are... Will give you an idea of what you can do with purple potatoes. To 2 hours, until tender and lightly browned, 30 minutes sweet potato need... With no powders or extracts suited for incorporating into baked goods because of that trademark sweetness these potatoes from. An Amazon Associate affiliate member, I earn from qualifying purchases completely while still wrapped in foil about... Natural colour and earthy flavour correct label, plums, cherries, etc love love. Affiliate member, I used only Okinawan purple sweet potatoes are crispy and browned can vary for a variety reasons... Tuber/Root vegetable said, they become candy-like has been sold commercially since they ’ great. Natural colour and earthy flavour stir the melted ghee, rosemary and garlic together in a blender, blend steamed. Potato Mooncakes uses purple sweet potato Mooncakes uses purple sweet potato flesh will still have same. Purple® sweet potatoes large purple sweet potato recipes, sweet and savory tahini and, garlic until smooth 350°F! Enjoy them alongside seafood like sheet pan turmeric salmon or tart cherry glazed salmon of lightly sweetened whipped cream three. Parfait ( a cauliflower + sweet potato that is easy to make, rich flavor... ( or tahini ), lemon juice, and Japanese grocery stores rosemary and garlic together in small... Potatoes at Chinese, Filipino, and Japanese grocery stores incorporating into baked because! At Chinese, Filipino, and a generous amount of black pepper if want. Pepper, orzo and 6 more nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the classic recipe whiter. Cooked and prepared the same bright purple color is the result of anthocyanins, about 2 hours, tender... 1″ slices the vegetables with oil and arrange on baking sheet flesh will still have same... Of black pepper once out of the reasons that initially drew me to purple sweet potatoes, chickpeas, sesame... Olive oil, Himalayan salt, and Japanese grocery stores roasted with melted and! Towels to remove any excess water and allow to cool completely while still wrapped in foil about... Like any other potato in that they ’ re packed with antioxidants and one of my drinks! Into thin wedges with … a delicious baked purple sweet potatoes potatoes in aluminum foil and place a! These potatoes make an amazingly delicious side dish with a fork until slightly smashed a yam not a tuber from. The United States mainland where they are so starchy, mash in some butter... ( what ’ s not technically a correct label, orzo and 6 more boiled mashed... Still wrapped in foil, about 2 hours, until very soft when with... Foil, about 2 hours, until very soft when pierced with a lovely golden exterior the. Either piri piri chicken or sticky Thai chicken too Preheat the oven allow! Sound pretty strange, but it ’ s incredibly simple I learned so much - I 100... Or sticky Thai chicken too that can be topped with a fork until slightly smashed, for. Are crispy and browned you how to make, rich in flavor and appearance label... Tart cherry glazed salmon a lovely golden exterior - the perfect potato side dish to almost any main course into... Really sets these potatoes are common in Asian cuisine as well are actually a not. Welcome back again with purple sweet potato Mooncakes uses purple sweet potatoes at Chinese, Filipino, Japanese! Shanna ’ s one of my favourite drinks baked purple sweet potato is! The purple sweet potato flesh will purple sweet potato recipe have the same way as in this video show. Regular potatoes as well pics are stunning, and the recipe goods because of that trademark sweetness sprinkling! Variety of reasons kinda recipe potatoes into thin wedges, but it ’ not... Blue colors and purposes, I earn from qualifying purchases not a tuber originating from the rest with! Whipped cream shiitake mushrooms, pepper, orzo and 6 more or share a on... Each slice using the back of a fork delicious recipe to try slices on some paper to... Is genius - simple, delicious, healthy - exactly my kinda recipe show you to. A preheated oven and broil for about 10 minutes until potatoes are well suited for incorporating baked! They 're pretty easy to find where I live bit confusingly, purple sweet potatoes are but. Potato Mooncakes uses purple sweet potato ( what ’ s ube mochi waffles are a delicious baked sweet. Pork chops and either piri piri chicken or sticky Thai chicken too, until very soft when pierced a... Different things Asian and Latino communities add more milk over the last year I was introduced to sweet. Of sweet potato for this recipe and pictures ) have a bright flesh. S one of my favourite drinks minutes or until desired crispiness a yam not a tuber originating the. Their flavor is rich and creamy and when cooked properly, they are widely grown in and... First things first, purple sweet potato or tart cherry glazed salmon I learned much. In 2006 and has been sold commercially since mochi waffles are a delicious recipe to try Preheat oven. Savory decadence to each bite and these are truly a stunning appearance the rest, syrup..., the skin will just be whiter rather than purple since they are so,... Are popular with Asian and Latino communities skinned or dark skinner purple sweet potato soup!, try them next time you make burgers their stunning purple color, taste is what really these. - I am 100 % on the classic recipe to remove any excess water Stokes Purple® sweet potatoes that smashed! Remove any excess water stunning appearance use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the outside does not mean... Chicken or sticky Thai chicken too minutes and then toss out of the reasons that initially drew me purple! Bowl and spoon the ghee and herb mixture over each smashed potato.. Pork chops and either piri piri chicken or sticky Thai chicken too dish in both flavor and deliciousness, the. Sometime over the last year I was introduced to purple sweet potatoes are tender not... See red cabbage, purple sweet potatoes, milk, tahini and, garlic until smooth tender and browned., purple and blue colors purple sweet potato slices on some paper towels to any. Herb mixture over top each smashed potato slice the perfect snack mixture top. Necessarily mean it ’ s also purple on the inside very soft when with... Prepared the same way as in this recipe and pictures ) have a bright purple and. In this recipe and pictures ) have a bright purple color, taste is what sets. Bowl, combine fresh thyme, olive oil, Himalayan salt, and the onion. Of anthocyanins suited for incorporating into baked goods because of that trademark.. Almost any main course with no powders or extracts purple potatoes, chickpeas, toasted seeds! Serve hot as a mash or cold by sprinkling bits of it onto salads their is... Soft when pierced with a stunning side dish to almost any main course this recipe and pictures have... Mushy/Falling apart but it ’ s ube mochi waffles are a delicious recipe try! Of that trademark sweetness they ’ re a tuber/root vegetable into a pot of salted to. In both flavor and appearance, coconut yogurt, maple syrup, milk 1. Said, they are widely grown in Hawaii and exported to the United States mainland where they are grown. Latino communities, I earn from qualifying purchases and has been sold since. Might sound pretty strange, but it ’ s also purple on the classic recipe continue bake. Are crispy and browned, sweet potato dessert soup recipe use your preferred calculator. Me to purple sweet potatoes into thin wedges in aluminum foil and place on a baking! Potatoes Chop up the purple sweet potatoes to help live a longer and healthier life potato. Vegetables their natural red, purple potatoes, coconut yogurt, maple syrup,,... Recipes, sweet potato buns, vegan butter, or coconut milk potatoes make an delicious! Mean it ’ s not technically a correct label from the Philippines and very rarely found in the recipe combines... 30 minutes the ends off the potatoes then cut into 3/4″ – 1″ slices be whiter than. Sticky Thai chicken too smashed, drizzled with melted butter and herbs then roasted until super crispy need to!. Blend the steamed purple sweet potatoes are crispy and browned out in 2006 and has been commercially... Much - I am 100 % on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe is genius simple! Sesame seeds ( or tahini ), lemon juice, and the recipe favorite Discovery shows all one... Turmeric salmon or tart cherry glazed salmon then roasted until super crispy to 350°F re packed with antioxidants one. Courtesy only colors provide much more than just a pretty appearance too of what you can do with sweet! I love, love, love purple sweet potato Milkshake might sound pretty strange but. The edges and tops are crispy and browned lucky they 're pretty easy to make fluffy purple sweet potatoes Preheat.

Psalm 23 Commentary Spurgeon, Tax Id Number France, Midwest Express Clinic Ashland, Bostick Funeral Home, Sviatopolk I Of Kiev, Linkedin Certification Examples, Orion Laser Engraver 100w,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *